Sunshine Blogger Award
I know I say I post once per week but there are a lot of things that I’ll make an exception for. I post every Wednesday at 3:30pm EST. I’ll probably change that time to some time earlier in the day. Like say at 12 noon, maybe – We’ll see. Anyways, I’ve been changing the title over and over and I decided to settle with that one up there. So let me tell you what I got…
It’s so ironic that just yesterday (March 14), I was thinking to myself about what I’m going to talk about in a few more sentences. Right now, I don’t want to give myself away (I probably already did). And no this isn’t click-bait. I’m going to be talking about something pretty darn good right now.
So as everyone knows, I’m a new blogger; started on December 13, 2017 to be specific. I’ve made a few upgrades to my blog so that it would look more appealing and I even put myself out there. And boy, did promoting myself do wonders for me. I met amazing people, gained new followers, got more views and more likes too. It’s almost like I’m dreaming that something like this actually happened to me.
So you’re probably wondering what happened. Well let me tell you – I got nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! And I won’t lie, I’m pretty shocked because all this while I was thinking that no one was ever going to nominate me for any award that’s floating across WordPress. I just came back from a presentation at school and was just sitting on my bed, on my phone and going through WordPress Reader.
I saw that one of the blogs I followed got this award so I decided to read. As I kept reading and scrolling, I saw my name and I was like screaming, internally because I didn’t want anyone around me thinking that something was hella wrong with me. I don’t really like attention all that much. But I was so excited and happy and really at a loss for words. It was totally unexpected and it made my day so much better.
I am absolutely, positively grateful for the nomination made by Jena Pendarvis of JenaPen. She is such an amazing person and we have been able to relate to each other on a different scale. I implore you guys to go and check her out (I linked her page). It means a lot to me if you actually do go and check her blog. If you’re a first time mom just like she is and/or you’re totally into baking – her blog is for you.
And now, it’s about to go down (I have an exam in like a few minutes but I’m too excited not to start dealing with this – Don’t worry, I took a pause and did my exam and came back). We’re gonna check off this list that’s right here. Going to switch up my writing style a little.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions they came up with for you to answer
- Nominate 11 new bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post or blog
Everything’s all checked (Yay!).
Questions I Got From Jena Pendarvis To Answer
1. What brings the most sunshine to your life?
Knowing that my parents are alive and okay and are supporting me no matter what (Even though they don’t know that I have a blog).
2. If you were able to time travel, would you go to the past or the future? Why?
I’d go to the past. Because there are a few things I wish I could take back – like prevent myself from making a mistake.
3. Life is like a box of chocolate, what kind do you hope is in yours?
I hope there’s some Ferrero Rocher and Hershey’s Cookies & Cream in my box.
4. Would you or have you ever gone skydiving?
I don’t think I’d go skydiving but I’d do indoor skydiving.
5. If you could be a magical creature what would you be and why?
I think I’d be a dragon. (They’re magical right?) I think dragons are cool plus they’re free to go wherever they want. I’d probably be a mermaid too because they’re pretty.
6. What mission do you most support in life? (i.e. save the oceans, health foundations, help the homeless, etc.)
Helping the homeless and giving to those in need.
7. What is your zodiac sign and do you think it mostly describes you?
I’m a Libra. I don’t think my sign describes me; there are some things that may be true, the rest isn’t.
8. Where is the one place you would love to travel to?
I’d love to go to Santorini, Greece (or the Maldives).
9. What is your fondest childhood memory?
Receiving money as gifts from my relatives.
10. How would you spend $100,000?
I’d split it 3 ways. $25,000 to charity, another $25,000 to help out my grandparents and the other $50,000 I’d buy a few things I need, take a vacation and send my parents on a trip somewhere in the world.
11. What motivates you to create?
In terms of blogging, knowing that there’s someone out there that can relate to what I’m saying or can take my advice. Plus I kind of have an explosive mind so whatever I’m thinking of, I just start writing.
The rules state to nominate 11 new bloggers but my list is a little short but I have plenty and not everyone I know or follow is new either so there you have it (Don’t judge me). I’m going to send an email to all these persons asap. And please go check out their pages. If I like them, well so can you and you won’t regret my recommendations.
Update (March 16, 2018)
I know I made this post and published it to the world almost 24 hours ago but a thought just came to me and I had to add one more blogger. So I decided to add The Nerdy Lion simply because although he isn’t a new “baby fresh out the womb” blogger, he’s still kinda new in a sense. And although he has a lot of followers, he’s only been blogging for a good 7 months (he started in September 2017) plus he actually has never gotten this specific award.
Even though he’s not new-new-new, he’s new in some ways and his blog is also very popular. So after much thought, I decided to add him to my list and I think he deserves it. I think everyone should check him out, especially new “baby fresh out the womb” bloggers because he gives wonderful tips on blogging and also if you have problems with anxiety, then his blog can totally help you. I hope you all can understand why I decided to add The Nerdy Lion to my list and I hope this doesn’t cause any controversies. Thank you to those who understand. Have a great day.
Questions For My Nominees
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What is your favourite (favorite) thing to eat?
- Where are you from (country)?
- Other than your home country, where else in the world would you like to live?
- Describe yourself in 4 words.
- What do you like to do for fun?
- What is the most charitable thing you’ve ever done thus far in your life?
- If you had $1,000,000, what is the first thing you would do or buy?
- Name one adventurous thing you would like to do and why.
- Where would you go as your ideal vacation spot?
- What would you say is your greatest achievement thus far in your life?
So that’s it for today. I’m truly 100% happy that I got this Award. Thanks again to JenaPen. Be sure to check out her page – I cannot stress this enough. Thank you guys for all the support, I really appreciate it. And wherever you are in the world, I hope you’re having a great day or night. See you guys in the next one.