Blogger Recognition Award
I never thought I’d see the day where I’d get another award. Especially not the blogger recognition award because there was some part of me that doubted my blogging talent. Hell, there’s even a little inkling inside me that sort of regrets going self-hosted. And that’s mostly because I keep thinking far ahead into the future and not focus on the present.
So for this particular award, I was nominated by not 1, not 2 but 4 other awesome bloggers. It was totally unexpected. They were all back to back. The only difference is the first two bloggers nominated me in September and the last two nominated me last week. I kid you not.
Funny enough, I totally forgot about the first nomination because I’m so busy with school and trying to “fix” my blog in the way that I want it. And since it’s my birthday and I just bought a brand new awesome theme, I decided to post this award today as a gift to myself from the 4 amazing bloggers. (New theme coming out this weekend. Stay Tuned!)
Shout outs goes to the 4 amazing and talented bloggers that nominated me for this award.
- The lovely trio Abby, Lauren and Jordan (ALJ) from My Life Lines
- Erica from Grand Fash Life
- Michael Neale from MNeale Writing
- This Girl Can Write A from This Girl Can Write A (I’m sorry if I don’t know your real name, I tried looking for it)
Please do me the honour of checking out these wonderful bloggers. And don’t just linger on their homepage and leave. Read a few of their posts and share it. And don’t forget to subscribe to their blogs. It’s the right thing to do.
Blogger Recognition Award
- Thank the blogger that nominated you
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story about how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 bloggers, you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog to let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created
How It All Started
By it, I mean my blog obviously. Before Jus’ Harpz, there was Chocolate Vybz. My blog became Jus’ Harpz when I went self-hosted. The reason behind the name change is that I didn’t want to hide my identity anymore. I wanted readers to know the real me even though with Chocolate Vybz, I was doing all of that.
With Chocolate Vybz, I had an alias which was Chocolate Hun. I chose that name because #Melanin. Now, I’m just Shanese and I love that I don’t have to hide that anymore. Jus’ Harpz is basically everything from Chocolate Vybz in a better looking site. I know the rules said brief story but it’s my birthday so I’m making an exception just this once.
This part will be very to the point, don’t worry. So my blogging journey began in December 2017. I started my blog because I had so many things I wanted to talk about. Like my thoughts would be all over the place. So off to WordPress.com I went, started Chocolate Vybz. Then about 8 months after, went to, became Jus’ Harpz and now here I am. My main reason for blogging is so that people could relate to what I had to say in some way. Sure everybody is different but we’re all similar in some ways.
Advice For New Bloggers
- I’m sure a lot of “wannabe”/new bloggers have seen tips floating around Google and Pinterest saying you need a niche. I say you don’t really need one unless you’re planning to turn your blog into a full-time business. When I started out, I didn’t have a niche (still don’t) but I classify my blog as a lifestyle blog with 2-3 different focus (music reviews and college/university). So do what you love and write about whatever you want, you can focus on the niche stuff later.
- Don’t compare your blog to others. Sure Susie’s (for example) blog has 1000 followers and she has 10K followers on Twitter and Instagram and she started her blog a month or a week after yours. So what? Focus on your blog and know that everyone’s path is different from yours and you’ll eventually get there. Hell, you might even outshine Susie. Just have faith in your blog, patience and don’t use other’s success to determine yours.
Since I’m done blabbing, it’s time for my nominees. So here are my 15 nominees:
- Deanna Stilwell from Deanna StilWell
- Antoria Lynch from Finding Satori
- Jessica from
- Maddy Finch from The Clever Blogger
- Tia Thompson from Tropical Tide
- Paige V from
- Juliet Ly from Lilly Rose
- Merrell-Ann Bradnock from The Trousseau Diaries
- Fausta from Faustantica
- Kealy from Undoubtedly Young
- Eline from Lovely Audiobooks
- Rachel from Little Blog By Rach
- Dawn from Just Dawn
- Lauren Ann from Beauty With Lauren
- Iram Shahzadi from My Daily Problems
Please check out my nominees’ blogs. They’re all very talented, super supportive and extremely helpful. I probably would have given up on blogging if it weren’t for these lovely people and the bloggers who nominated me. And like I said before, don’t just linger on their blog’s homepage then leave. Check out a few of their posts, share them and subscribe to their blog.
I want to shout out Fausta from nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award back in August. I think it was August, I really don’t remember. And another shout out to Bella-Rose from for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I didn’t make a post for both of them since I already received them and I didn’t want to be like “Sunshine Blogger Award #2”. You know how other bloggers do it.
I am forever grateful for all the future nominations (and past ones) I’m going to receive. Even if I’ve already made a post about it. What I will do is nominate bloggers who I believe deserve the awards. Actually all bloggers do deserve whatever award it is but these awards have a blogger limit.
Okay that’s it. I’ve spoken long enough. Don’t forget to check out the blogs of the 4 persons that nominated me and my 15 nominees’ blogs. Also follow their social media and mine too so you won’t miss out on parts of the behind the blogging scenes.